Garage Door Technician - Trainee
Hours: M-F 7:30-4:00. Full-time positions only
Pay Rate: $14+/HR DOE with prevailing wage opportunities at $50-$55/hr.
Overhead Door Company of Bellingham is currently very busy and is looking to hire more garage door technicians. If you have the desire to be an integral part of a winning team, please submit your resume or swing by our office.
Previous garage door experience is preferred but professional training will be provided to all selected applicants. Any experience in skilled trades or general trades, such as carpentry, landscaping, and metal work are easily transferrable to this position. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, mechanical aptitude, good listening skills, and ability to work well with others. Persons of this nature will be successful and rewarded accordingly in this position. We offer an extensive benefit package such as medical and 401K along with vacation and holiday pay.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Traveling to job locations in Whatcom County, Skagit County, Island and San Juan county.
- Removal and installation of sectional garage doors, rolling steel doors, and operators.
- Using ladders and scissor lifts to service residential homes and commercial buildings.
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
To be considered for employment you must:
- Be 18 years old at the time of application
- Be a US citizen or be entitled (with documentation) to work in the USA
- Be able to lift 50-75 LBS daily.
- Have a valid drivers license and good driving record.
- Pass a preemployment drug screening (we are a drug free workplace)
Submit resume to: Jack // email@example.com