Garage Door Technician
- Hours: M-F 7:30-4:00. Full-time positions only
- Pay Rate: $15-$25/HR with prevailing wage opportunities at $58/hr.
Overhead Door Company of Bellingham is currently very busy and is hiring garage door technicians for both commercial and residential departments. Experienced technicians are preferred but professional training will be provided to all selected applicants. Any experience in skilled trades or general trades, such as carpentry, cable/optics, security systems, and metalwork are easily transferable to this position. We offer an extensive benefits package such as medical and 401K along with vacation and holiday pay.
- Ability to lift 50-100 lbs. daily
- Ability to work 8 - 12 hour days, multiple days in a row
- At least 1 year of commercial or industrial field experience
- Safe and incident free driving record with a valid Washington State license
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening and future random screenings*
Essential characteristics and competencies
- Determination and persistence to learn and master challenges
- A positive, upbeat approach to all situations
- Professionalism and a commitment to deliver superior customer service
- Mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn new skills
- Reliability and dedication to your co-workers
As a garage door technician you will work closely with your department manager and fellow technicians, focusing on installing and servicing a wide variety of customer equipment. Equipment typically includes residential and commercial openers, sectional doors, operators, loading docks, and sliding grilles. Initially you will work closely with one of our highly skilled lead technicians as you learn the product and the skills required for the trade. In time, technicians that show essential skills and work ethic will move on to their own truck as they continue to install and service a wide variety of products.
In addition, you will:
- Travel to job locations in Whatcom County, Skagit County, Island and San Juan County.
- Use ladders, scissor lifts, forklifts, and other lifting equipment.
- Prioritize safety while maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
Why Overhead Door Company of Bellingham
We’re a Long Standing Company: Overhead Door Company of Bellingham has been operating for over 50 years. In that time we’ve established ourselves as the leading garage door company in our region, providing the highest quality customer service, installation, and service to a wide variety of commercial and residential customers.
Smaller Company, Bigger Impact: As long as you are working hard, learning, and always staying safe, you will be rewarded accordingly. With no set pay structure, you will earn pay increases based off your performance and commitment to the company.
Work/Life Balance: There is a lot to due, but we understand that the best employees also need balance in their life. While some days require longer hours and occasional weekend work, we strive to keep a steady 40 hour work week.
The Overhead Door Team: Not only are we one of the best door dealers in our region, we are also one of many Overhead Door distributors across the nation. You would become part of the “Ribbon Family” that prioritizes high quality products, customer service, and loyalty.
If interested, reply directly to this ad, or feel free to swing by our office and personally drop off your resume. We are located at 202 Ohio Street, Bellingham WA 98225.
*Overhead Door Company of Bellingham is a drug free workplace.
Submit resume to: Jack // firstname.lastname@example.org